Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Autumn 3D Diorama

 

Although the house die kit did not have instructions, (AliExpress purchase, because I'm not rich), it was super simple to put together. I used an embossing folder to give the house the stone look, then went over it with Distress Ink. The bottom of the house has flaps that can be adhered down. I chose to leave them loose to insert a battery operated tea candle. Tissue paper or parchment paper to back the windows and the door. Except for the house, the other items are adhered to the base and can be folded flat for storage.

The dies for the turkeys are just flat and have no indications where the coloring should be. So, I looked on-line. I was surprised to see just how many different breeds of turkeys there are and the variety of coloration. Most appeared to be various combinations of browns, oranges, white, and grays, with black and white striped feathers. However, there were a couple that were very brightly colored - I mean like peacock feather colors. Just spectacular. Who knew?

This little house is plain, leaving it to one's imagination to decorate for any occasion. Pretty sure I'll be making more of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment